Bumps, Bruises and Setbacks: How Adults Can Benefit and Thrive During Long Seasons of Challenge
This presentation designed for adults takes a deeper dive into the lessons students will learn from the Bumps and Bruises Assembly. Teachers will learn how to stay motivated when it seems there's no impact being made and how to connect and enhance a students classroom experience. Drawn from feedback from hundreds of students that have shared with David about their school experience, this seminar will help motivate teachers and staff and allow them to realize the long-term and valuable difference they are making in students live.
- How to "increase the value of special" with a student
- The value of forgetting a child's past mistakes and starting fresh
- Social Media do's and do nots for educators
- How to thrive during the final quarter of the year
- Understanding and appreciating the value and impact they bring to students, other teachers, and the community
Owning Your Success While Designing Your Path
This session is designed to help attendees think about the path they are designing for their life and their career. During this seminar, I will cover how to keep a positive attitude during difficult times, and how to continue caring even when it seems like the ones we care for don't reciprocate that feeling, and the value of patience when pursuing your path.
This message is designed to equip attendees to feel empowered and motivated to continue doing good works even when it may feel like no one is noticing.
- How to set goals in a realistic and achievable way
- How to design a personal brand platform on social media
- The value of the “humblebrag” and why it’s okay to feel good about doing good
- The dangers of losing focus by focusing on too many projects and tasks
- How to find, engage with, and benefit from a mentor